Wild Yam is a vine, also known as Colic Root, used in traditional medicine. The bulb and root of this plant contain Diosgenin. Diosgenin is a plant steroid that can be engineered for the production of steroids such as progesterone, estrogen, and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). Wild yam may affect the hormone level and may provide medicinal benefits.
Botanical Name– Dioscorea villosa
Plant Part Used– Rhizome
Active Constituents– Diosgenin
- Wild Yam Extract (10% – 20% Diosgenin)
- Helps In Hormone Production
- Helps In Menopausal Symptoms
- May Have Anti-inflammatory Effects
- Nourishes Skin
- May Regulate Cholesterol Levels
DISCLAIMER– These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Medicines Agency (EMA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.